Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Beachbody® Chronicles: Fighting diabetes with a combination of TurboFire® and ChaLEAN Extreme®

If cardio and weight training help fight diabetes, then I’m doing a wicked 1-2 punch combo to smash diabetes in the face: TurboFire® and ChaLEAN Extreme®.
   Since my Type 2 diabetes diagnosis more than two years ago, I’ve read here and there that a combination of cardio and weight training can help control blood sugar levels and encourage metabolism.
   That’s why I’m pumped about TurboFire and ChaLEAN Extreme, both created by Chalene Johnson and produced by Beachbody.
   TurboFire is all cardio, cardio, cardio, while ChaLEAN Extreme is lifting weights, lifting weights, lifting weights.
   And both workouts are on the extreme sides of the scale those two aspects.
   TurboFire’s tagline is “Intense Cardio Conditioning” and that’s exactly what you get – fast, heart-pumping workouts that include anaerobic drills. You should be in good physical condition before you even start!
   ChaLEAN Extreme, on the other hand, is about the really slow lifting of really heavy weights.
   I’ve been changing up workouts from the two systems, aiming to get the benefit of both.
   The TurboFire kit even includes a calendar showing when to mix up its workouts with those of ChaLEAN Extreme. I haven’t used the calendar, but it likely provides good advice on when to do what.
   In combination with other DVD workouts, I’m going to continue this fight against diabetes!

Stay tuned to Fantastic Fitness DVDs for The Beachbody® Chronicles - a series of articles about the adventures my husband and I have using ChaLEAN Extreme®, TurboFire®, P90X® and Insanity®.
          
Join Fantastic Fitness DVDs on Facebook

No comments: