Monday, December 27, 2010

The best home workout DVDs I reviewed this year

Since it’s the end of 2010, I’ve taken a few minutes to reflect on all the DVDs I’ve reviewed on Fantastic Fitness DVDs this year.
   I’ve picked the ones that I think are the absolute best categorized by areas they target most effectively. These categories are based on the changes I’ve witnessed with my own body!
   Here's what I came up with:

Best for toning abs, butt and thighs
Workouts inspired by the Lotte Berk Method are coming out by the dozens these days, and it’s no wonder – it’s an amazingly efficient way to tone up problem areas in record time.
   These DVDs are the best Lotte Berk Method-inspired workouts I have reviewed so far:
Physique 57
Squeeze Stronger
Pure Barre
Pure Barre: Pershing Square 1
Pure Barre: Pershing Square 2

Best over-all heart pumper
The Biggest Loser trainer Bob Harper promises a routine that will work the heart to its maximum on Bob Harper Inside Out Method: Body Rev Cardio Conditioning, and he delivers with a combination of cardio moves and weight training.

Best for arms
To get some tone and definition in your arms, I highly recommend the Get Ripped and Get Extremely Ripped! series of DVDs from Jari Love. In addition to toning your triceps, biceps and back, the DVDs are good cardio workouts, too.
   My favorite Jari Love workout is Get Ripped! with Jari Love: Get Ripped to the Core, though I have reviewed many others on this blog.

Best for over-all leg toning
Ballet dancers have the most incredibly beautiful legs, thanks to intense, constant training. You can get a taste of that training, and watch your calves slim, by using the New York City Ballet Workout.


Join Fantastic Fitness DVDs on Facebook

No comments: