Saturday, June 12, 2010

Review of Trudie Styler's Core Strength Pilates

I recently added a full Pilates routine to my workout mix thanks to a DVD I absolutely love, Trudie Styler's Core Strength Pilates.
   Fitness trainer James D'Silva designed this workout, and he and Trudie (Sting's wife) lead it together on the DVD.
   Since I'm relatively new to Pilates, I have no way of judging it against any other DVDs out there, but for me, this workout is just right.
   It's definitely challenging, getting to the core, hips, legs and glutes.
   But there is plenty of stretching between each work segment, giving you a bit of time to recover.
   James, who instructs the DVD in a voiceover, also has such a calming voice it's hard to get too excited about the fact a lot of the moves are requiring all your strength and nerve to do. There's also a nice jazzy musical accompaniment.
   I'm also a big fan of DVDs with good production values, and this one certainly has them. It was filmed on location at Trudie and Sting's Italian villa, making for some beautiful visuals.
   Core Strength Pilates is one of four Trudie Styler fitness DVDs produced by Gaiam that I regularly follow. The others are Sculpt & Tone Ballet, Warrior Yoga and Cardio Dance Flow. I'll be writing more about these DVDs in the future.

Trudie Styler's Core Strength Pilates at amazon.ca

No comments: